
What a wonderful day it has been for sowing seeds in the greenhouse. I managed to get far more sown than I anticipated - tomatoes including Gardeners Delight and an Italian variety called Pomodoro, Giant Pumpkins, Celeriac, Shallots, sweet and chilli peppers and even some sunflowers'Pastiche'. I had a good sort out too moving my potting bench and cleaning out old pots etc. Next weekend will be Borlotti beans, Chard,, Basil, Chervil and a sort through my seed box to make sure I have not missed anything else!
My sweet peas that I started off 2 weeks ago under lids are just starting to pop up through the compost so I am happy as I don't usually bother with flowers but thought I would surprise Mum with some this year.
I have also been assembling my new state of the art Omlet cube hen house but disappointingly it came minus some parts so I cannot move the girls in this weekend as planned much to my annoyance. A call to the suppliers is on the cards for tomorrow to follow up the email sent yesterday. Anyway I am pleased with what I have managed to assemble and I am sure when it is complete and the girls are in they will love it!
This weekend was also occupied by a quick trip to the local motorhome dealer to look at the new (out of our price range) vans for ideas for lay outs etc. We have given him an idea of what we are looking for i.e. model, layout and price range so he will let us know when any start to come in as it is the time when people are looking to change their vans so fingers crossed we may get sorted in the next couple of months.

Jane a new motor home you kept that a secret lol Did you not visit the NEC to have a look at those out of your price range :) When the show was on. Busy weekend - I think you surpassed me for business. I bet your poor chooks were so sad having to wait for their new cosy draft free home best wishes Lesley x
ReplyDeleteIsn't it great to finally get down to planting seeds. It has been the longest Winter I can remember!
ReplyDeleteMatron,
ReplyDeleteplanting seeds is like therapy for me, lol - happy gardening, Jane