Saturday, 13 March 2010

Moving house - hen house that is!



I love Spring when the greenhouse stops becoming a storage place, amazing how many items creep in over the winter that should not be there! Anyway last weekend remedied that one by clearing out all non green house items and replacing them with seed trays and pots galore.


I also love to see the bulbs just breaking through the soil, the pot above contains (I think) some really pretty narcissus bulbs. I say, I think, because I rescued them from underneath the apple trees when Paul had a clearing session a few weeks ago and I can't recall ever putting any other bulbs in there. I had lots of Lemon Balm growing in large clumps and it had got out of hand so needed sorting this is when the bulbs appeared.




The new hen house complete with hens, all moved in today and so far all seems ok.

Tomorrow, Mother's Day I plan to spend most of it in the garden/greenhouse. Jobs planned include;


planting out Spring cabbage plants under cloches

sowing Borlotti and French Beans in pots to start them off

Planting potatoes in pots

removing the last of the brussels from the raised bed and feeding the tops to the hens


I might even treat myself to some summer bulbs, just been reading this week's Amateur Gardening magazine and fancy trying some for a bit of added colour to the patio.


I will also call and see my Mum and take her a home baked loaf as I know she is missing my Dad's baking sessions. My sister and I took her to see Charley Boorman at the Concert Hall in Nottingham last night and had an enjoyable evening listening to his experiences and had a fish and chip supper on the way home - lovely!


1 comment:

  1. your new chicken house look like 'the Ritz' for chickens - I don't wonder they are laying well again - Lesley x

    ReplyDelete