Sunday, 21 March 2010

Busy sunny day

Today was spent getting mucky! Had to give the old hen house a good clean out as it is listed on a certain auction site awaiting a buyer if I am lucky. Finally after much huffing and puffing it was minus shavings and cobwebs and will make a comfortable home for the next set of chickens.

Meanwhile my girls have settled in well to their new abode rewarding me with 2-3 eggs per day including some lovely oval cream eggs from 'Daisy', the Marsh Daisy hen. I know it was an
expensive option but I am so pleased with it and it will last for many years to come.

I have a busy week ahead with travels to London and Leeds so a well deserved day off on Friday will allow me to get ready for 2 nights away in the MH to Carsington Water just down the road. It will take us all of 20 mins to get there but I don't care as it is a lovely spot with lots of lovely walking, so fingers crossed for some sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. YOu to have had a busy weekend - have a great w/e away in the MH best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete