Well it's time to get back into blog land. I regularly read other people'sblogs and often leave comments but I have been seriously slacking on my own blog just lately. Thanks to John at Going Gently for reminding me to blog more often.
Gardening is occupying my weekends and evenings when I have the opportunity to get out there, weather and time permitting. The journey to work is great going but rubbish on the return journey with no easy way round the motorway junctions so unpredictable at times but hey ho hopefully not for much longer.
I've posted a few pics, the Mimulus flower is one of many in the garden that I successfully grew from free seed with a gardening mag. I don't usually grow flowers as they take up valuable veggie space but this year I have succumbed. I now have a greenhouse full of Asters, Verbascums, Echinacea and tubs full of Tansy and Catmint. I am in the midst of planning a charity plant sale for the Stroke Association.
Sacha and Percy Pug have been chilling in the sun that we had today. They have to have a recovery nap after their morning walk over the Dalley. The only thing is that pugs are such noisy snorers, in fact at night I often dig Paul in the ribs mistakenly!
Good news today - an midwifery colleague whom I had the pleasure of working with many years ago has been awarded an OBE, http://http//www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-13733656
Well done Soo, a well deserved honour for the many years of campaigning for normal birth.

Yes its god of John to remind you of your blog too. You certainly do comment on on the blogs of fellow bloggers such as mine. I wanted to say Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind comment on my blog recently. Really means a lot. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteSacha and Percy Pug do look adorable. I look forward to the day of having a four legged friend of my own. Kindest of wishes.
Thank you x
ReplyDeletejane
ReplyDeletenice to have you back
now fu*kk work and blog more often!
We do love doggy pictures on our gardening blogs! The producers of BBC Gardeners World have cottoned on to this fact because Monty's dog 'Nigel' has appeared in every episode so far!
ReplyDelete