Saturday, 1 January 2011

Day One of 365



I can't believe it is 12 months since I took this photo of one of my favourite local spots. The view is of the 'Dalley' a valley that runs parallel with the fields beyond our lane. The row of trees at the top left of the picture run along the old Roman road which ran from Wirksworth to Little Chester and is now part of the Midshires way. Paul walks this route virtually every day with the dogs and it provides fantastic views of the Derwent valley over to Ambergate.


Along the 'Dalley' are several groups of cottages which used to be for the farmworkers many years gone by as the land was part of (and some still is) the Chatsworth Estate, today and over the past week I have heard the pheasant shoots taking place.


One of the joys of 2010 was of course the arrival of Percy Pug. How did the cute little fella turn so quickly into the 8 month old toddler that is destroying my house?

But of course we would not be without him and the old girl, Sacha, would we. Just can't wait to introduce him to the van when the better weather comes and we can get off on our travels.

Happy new year everyone.

5 comments:

  1. dogs punch a hole into your heart
    dont they

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he will enjoy going for a ride. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learn also sorts of things from your blog - best wishes for 2011 Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. John - they sure do!
    Rob, - hope so 'cos he ain't got much say in the matter lol
    Lesley - ty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Chicken Lover (I hope that's not literal!)
    Thanks for dropping by my humble blog. Whereas Yorkshire is England's Texas, Derbyshire is its Colorado ( also a big state) so I am not entirely surprised that at first you were uncertain where Abney was.
    Best wishes
    Lord Pudding

    ReplyDelete