Well not sure if this post will come out as planned cos it looks like Blogger is playing up!
Today has been a very productive day in the garden till the rains came at lunchtime. I have been on an intended pruning mission for the past couple of weekends but things/weather have got in the way until today. I was out there straight after my breakfast armed with pruners and managed to sort out 2 large shrubs that needed attention - an ornamental Quince and a Spirea that have run amok. Anyway they are now sorted 4 trug loads later!
Next weekend it is the Mock Orange and Pyracanthra's turn - aren't they the lucky ones. I do find it very therapeutic if not back breaking lugging all the trimmings afterwards.
Nice to see the bulbs I planted in October are just poking through the soil.
Yesterday I spent a fantastic rib aching 2 hours at the Pantomime in Nottingham with my daughters - they are 21 & 19 and begged me to take them to a Panto! We had such a laugh as much of the humour is not really aimed at the kids but the costumes were stunning and the very camp acting was good fun. The show finishes this weekend and you could tell as there were many on stage pranks and ad libbing which made it even more hilarious.
Also in the process of planning our Scotland trek in September, sounds ages away but it pays to suss it out and sort out the good sites. Just been browsing and have discovered that since my sis and I went to the Outer Hebdrides in 2007 they have now stopped anyone camping on the machair near Barra airport due to extensive erosion. Apparently the numbers of visitors to the small island increased greatly in 2009 and measures have had to be put in place. Sadly places such as Barra that once seemed so remote now don't sound as though they are.

It's good to plan these things in advance. I also find that the planning is half the fun.
ReplyDeletegawd
ReplyDeleteI haven't even looked in my garden as yet....its a case of too much to do, too little time
Rob - I agree, I like to have nice trips on the horizon to look forward to
ReplyDeleteJohn - my garden and my chickens keep me sane after a week in the NHS! :)
Jane
You had a very productive sunday - beennout today pruning with a little help from Emily and Joe - she loves putting things in the brown bin. Joe even took his coat off as he became warm!!!! Scotland here we come iis it!!!! :) x
ReplyDeletejane
ReplyDeleteI am going to but you as a link is that ok?
John
ReplyDeleteThat's very kind, have put you on my favourites if you are ok with that?
Cheers
Jane