
The greenhouse is bursting at the seams with tomatoes, aubergines, sweet and chilli peppers and a solitary cucumber plant rescued from a fellow freecycler and given some TLC and seems to be responding. I have also grown some Achocha plants (cucumber family) that were given to me from a FC gardener. They were grown by the Inca tribes and are easy to grow but do need to climb.


Well Percy is a real character! Pugs are the clowns of the dog world and are so sociable to the point of wearing you out! He is a ball of energy when he is awake and when asleep is out for the count. We have invested in a play pen for him in the garden as his little legs certainly pack a punch and he can run for England. We have also pug proofed the pond area although something more permanent needs to be erected as the building site fencing leaves a lot to be desired from an aesthetic view.
The garden is providing some good results this season. I decided against growing potatoes in bags this year as they were so poor last year so stuck to the method previously used i.e. black florists tubs and grew just Cara. They are very tasty but do not need cooking for long as they easily go to nothing in the pan. I attempted carrots this year and surprised myself by achieving some success! The beans in the photo are Blue Lake.
I love the plaque - I bought this from a little antique type shop in Ryde on the IOW during recent travels.




Hey Jane your garden is yeilding well and those tomato plants in the green house are huge - still don't know where you get the time from - so pugs are like children then lol need constant supervision :) - I quite like the building site fencing very fetching best wishes Lesley x
ReplyDeleteHiya Jane
ReplyDeleteYour supplies are looking good and Percy is adorable!
Off to Dartmoor this weekend for 2 nights. Hope our August weather improves soon.
Sharon
Hi Sharon
ReplyDeletehope the Dartmoor trip was good. We are off to Scotland BH week, 3 nights at Garlieston, 3 nights at New England Bay and a night in the Borders on the way back to visit friends in Cumbria, can't wait!
Jane