

The garden has calmed down a bit now and mainly involves harvesting. The globe artichokes have started to flower and are covered in hoverflies, there is a bumper crop of apples this year unlike last year so looking good for apple crumble. The blue French beans that I grew have a lovely purple flower on them before the beans appear.

These are Californian poppies that I planted from some free seed with an Amateur Gardening magazine, they have been so pretty. I scattered the seed on a small piece of bare soil under the apple trees and they have loved it.

This is the latest addition to the garden and I would highly recommend it. I bought it online from Greenfingers.com and although it came as flat pack it was easy to construct, is good quality and looks really nice. Just right for sitting at with a cuppa


Well Percy the Pug continues to grow and grow! He is getting a lot braver now and loves to explore the garden which involves attacking and chewing my salad crops in the grow bags and the leeks that have gone to seed - one of his favourite games is attacking the seed head as it bobs up and down. His play pen is a godsend as it enables me to keep him in one place when I pegging out the washing or trying to get on with a garden job, in fact it reminds me of when the girls were at the crawling stage!!

Hope they aren't opium poppies!!! lol I've a little seat similar to your that has come from my mums ideal for a quick sit out with a cuppa. Must tell you about my bargain benches when I next see you lol - your produce looks good - you are such a healthy family best wishes Lelsey x
ReplyDelete