Friday, 27 August 2010

Visit to Barnsdale gardens



Aubergine Bishop's hats peppers Sweet peppers
Last weekend I visited Barnsdale Gardens in near Rutland Water with my Mum and sister. It was a vegetable weekend where people were able to visit not only the gardens but also the allotment plots, greenhouses and polytunnels. It was a lovely sunny day which made it even better as there is also a tea rooms, shop and plant nursery.

It was lovely browsing the gardens that Geoff Hamilton had created during his time spent on Gardener's World and his son, Nick, was on hand to answer any questions, his advice on growing peppers was well noted, a heated greenhouse to get early germination is a must.


Veg garden path Fab greenhouse Beach garden


Bad hair day! Formal garden

Well worth a visit.













1 comment:

  1. love the greenhouse beach garden - would love that in my garden and I would think I was on holiday every day best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete