Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Garden, Chatsworth and sunshine............






Have been busy this past week in the garden planting out sweet peas and french beans to fill gaps in the borders as holiday time is fast approaching and I wanted to get as much out of the greenhouse and cold frame as was possible to make watering easier. My tomatoes have shot up and are no settled into the greenhouse, I have planted out Kale, Swiss Chard and Chervil even gifting some on Freecycle to fellow gardeners.

The flowering Cherry has blossomed beautifully this year in fact the best it ever has been but then I heard Alan Titchmarsh and Joe Swift commenting on Chelsea Flower show this week that tree blossom has been excellent this spring due to the hard winter.




Last weekend was spent in the MH at Chatsworth and we had a glorious weekend baking in the sun. We set off early Saturday do do a circular walk from the site, past the house over to Calton Lees (grabbed an ice cream on the way past the garden centre) and round the back of the wood to Edensor but had to cut it short as Sacha was struggling with the heat. We also had lots of visitors helping themselves to Sacha's water bowl contents!
I love Chatsworth as it is such a beautiful location, there were surprisingly few people around but I did feel that the 10K runners on the Sunday were in for a tough time!



















4 comments:

  1. You picked a lovely weekend to go away - I love Chatsworth too but you have to be an early bird to book a plot - your garden must look lovely -best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Chatsworth too! Not only do they have a lovely vegetable garden, there is a wonderful farm shop on site too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane
    Looks like you had a fab time.
    Our 'Lakes' holiday was a completely different story I'm afraid. We broke down 100 miles from home and had to be towed home, so didn't get there. Long story but hey ho!
    Having problems with my blog too. Can't view it. Not getting anywhere with Blogger either trying to sort it out. Hope my luck changes soon.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley - it was glorious! the garden is overgrown this week so catching up from last week's holiday

    Matron - I love the farm shop too and adore the gardens just need to find the time to get there!

    Sharon - nooooooooooo! how awful, hope you get the MH sorted soon. I tried to get on to your blog and could not so that expalins it, hope it gets fixed as I so love your photos x

    ReplyDelete