

All the recent sun and rain has kick started the plants in the garden including the water lilies in the pond, the Clematis and the potatoes in pots. The greenhouse is bursting at the seams but at least I can now move plants out of the cold frame into pots etc. I have seriously overestimated the number of tomato plants required so have been offering the surplus on Freecycle along with Kale, Spinach and Swiss Chard! In return I have acquired some swede and turnip plants so will be begging some more of Mum's garden to accommodate them.
Whitsun bank holiday week was spent in the sunnier climes of Zakynthos - a lovely Greek island that has recharged our batteries with too much food and sunbathing but no complaints. The local church at Argassi is a beautiful building and sits directly on the beachside. Our apartment overlooked the old bridge dated 1805 and it was a real effort to stagger from the sunloungers down the steps onto the beach and swim in the sea - not really.
This week will now be spent catching up on the much needed lawn mowing/weeding/potting on and watering.




I love the Greek Islands, wish I was there now!
ReplyDeleteDamo, so do I!
ReplyDeleteSlowly working our way round them, so far been to Corfu, Rhodes, Crete, Kos, Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonissos and Zakynthos, want to get to some of the smaller ones now..
Jane
Its nice to go away and living in derbyshire its not such a rench to come back. I miss it so much, when we visit family I long to stay. On the 21st june some friends and me are comming to Haddon hall also youlgrave well dressing and flower festaval, they will see what i mean how wonderful Derbyshire is. Vicki (Bobs wife)
ReplyDeleteVicki - Haddon Hall is one of my favourite places, so much history. Must get to some of the well dressings this year, like to go up to Wormhill when possible as the church always looks lovely when full of flowers.
ReplyDeleteJane