Monday, 1 August 2011

Fund raising

Just a quick blog.


Yesterday I spent a sunny 4 hours selling my excess plants to raise funds for the Stroke Association helped by my Mum and my sister. Plants on offer included Thyme, Basil, Lavender, Sunflowers, Asters, Echinacea, Spearmint, Zinnias, Spider plants, Sage, Verbascum.

So far I have raised £34! more than I expected.


I'm thinking of having another go soon but need to spread the word more first as this weekend was a last minute decision in the end.
Have a good week everyone



Jane

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    Santorini photo's look gorgeous, would love to go there one day. How did you find it for mozzies? (just remembering how horrendous they were in Corfu!)
    I love your charity fund raiser event for the sale of your herbs -what a wonderful idea. Wish I lived nearer, I would have snapped lots up from you. Well done to you for raising that money.
    Boy are we ever glad that Frankie is back home and no longer living in Salford in view of the riots there last night. She has been in contact with her old workmates, who were evacuated. She has been home almost a fortnight and has been making an effort to settle in quite nicely and making lots of welsh cakes, date and walnut honey loaf and other goodies. She is desperately looking for a new job, however we won't go into the horrors of our visit to the job centre with her, I am sure you can use your imagination!
    Hope you are all well, you certainly look it on that lovely photo of you and Paul in Santorini. Bet Paul missed the dogs again whilst you were away!
    Take care,
    Love Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    Thanks for posting, I will email you this week for a catch up. Glad to hear you are all well in Herefordshire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi chicken lover Jane

    Amber Valley. Derbyshire. ME TOO! (it's a small world)

    Found you through Mr Gray.

    Well done on raising the cash. I'll have some plants off you next time.

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris
    Thanks for visiting,
    Good to hear there are fellow AV folk in blog land
    Always got plants spare

    Cheers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    Difficult days and all that I'm afraid. Can't say too much as I don't want to breach any NMC codes ! Two words sum the situation up really 'organisational change'. One minute your post is there and hey ho the next it's motives into something else!! Awaiting news on ............ 23rd Dec!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete