Saturday, 9 April 2011

Garden update








Just a few pics of a garden theme.
One is the view from our bedroom window - as you can see we are downstairs so we look directly out onto the back garden and are woken by the birdsong in the morning.

Lots of seeds are growing in the greenhouse - broad beans, sweet peas, beetroot, spring onions, fennel, peas, various beans and herbs. I have also sown lots more flowers this year after having a successful time last year with Petunias, sunflowers and sweet peas.These include lavendar, lots of different sunflowers, nasturtiums to inter plant with the veggies to deter aphids, verbena, mimulus, asters and cornflowers - one of my favourites.

Under the apple trees lots of plants are appearing - self seeded honesty which has lovely seed pods after the flowers have gone over, lots of narcissi and polyanthus.

Today I put the mini greenhouse together that the girls bought me for Mothering Sunday so will get some pics on the blog as I am very impressed with it. It is now housing lots of Bunyard's Exhibition Broad bean plants to harden them off a bit before moving them to one of the raised beds.Most of the sweet peas are in cold frame now and I am just waiting for the seed potatoes to finish chitting and then they will be tubbed up on the patio.

Paul finished pug proofing the end of the garden today with a new fence so will post a pic when it is completed as it is pretty impressive!

4 comments:

  1. Your plants and garden seem to be coming on well, I am looking forward to seeing a picture of the new greenhouse. I grow a few flowers in the veg garden which are used for cut flowers in the house if they want any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob-thanks got some better garden pics from the weekend, will post later in the week.

    John -put that pic on just for you ;-)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just one chilled out pug! wonderful pic.

    ReplyDelete