

Despite feeling a bit under the weather from a cold I decided if I could not go out in the garden due to the drizzle then the next best thing is the greenhouse. So I set to and tidied up the stagings, sorted out the plant pots and even planted some broad beans (Bunyard's Exhibition) and sweet peas (Bristol)! had to stop 'cos my fingers were getting cold.
Had to do some more Percy Pug proofing today - he is a devil for diving into the linen basket and dragging the dirty washing out so I went to a nearby store and purchased a wooden linen basket with a lid so hopefully that will stop him in his tracks.
Have also been doing some further planning for the Sept Scotland trip - finally decided to explore the Forest of Galloway and the surrounding area so will be staying for a couple of nights near Longtown on the way up (Moats Vale campsite) then move on to Loch Ken where we can access the Galloway Red Kite trial and then on to Garlieston for some good coastal walking and still deciding where to stay on the way back, might look at somewhere in the lakes.
Intend to sow some more sweet peas tomorrow and sort out my seed packets. I have decided to be a bit more restrained this year as last year I did grow some crops that turned out to be a waste of space i.e. gourds and celeriac so sticking to the essentials this year.

me thinks we are all having the same idea jane
ReplyDeleteGrowing to much is easily done. Watch out for mice as they love Sweet Pea seeds.
ReplyDeleteJohn - so easy to get carried away!
ReplyDeleteRob - I covered the pots/ trays so fingers crossed!
Joe kept me away from the monkey's lol x x
ReplyDeleteLesley - thank goodness ! I was panicking :)
ReplyDelete