Sunday, 19 December 2010

Back on the blog

Hi all, sorry I've had a quiet time on here but November/Dec have not been good months for me workwise which put me into a period of gloom. Anyway I am now trying to climb back out of the hole in time for the 'C' period but still feeling a bit ropey.





The picture on the left was taken looking west from the headland just above Cruggleton Bay near Garlieston, Dumfries and Galloway and was a glorious spot to sit and ponder. I am planning our next Scotland trip to the Mull of Kintyre probably around April/May time before the midges get too active.

Well the Christmas preparation is completed as far as it can be - cards sent, presents wrapped (those that have arrived, still awaiting one), food ordered and everybodies schedules planned. My eldest will be working right through ensuring that everyone gets their festive fayre!

Today will be spent finishing off a 'Snowman' cross stitch I have stitched as a present getting my mind into work mode.

8 comments:

  1. lovely photo - what is the 'C' period? Your are so organised think I need to come and live with you for a bit so some of it will rub off on me - best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas period lol. I am not always organised just depends on who is around at the time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let your gloom and doom put you off bloggin' I like to spread mine around lol! 'A trouble shared is a trouble halved' and all that. Anyway I like the picture and I'm glad you're back. By the way have you been to see the lights at Castleton this year, they always cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob, thanks for your comment.
    No,not been up to Castleton this Christmas, usually go to the Devil's Arse carol concert followed by supper at the Angler's Rest at Milldale but first Christmas without Dad so things are a bit strange this time
    happy Christmas

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane
    We hope you have a lovely, warm and safe Christmas up there in Derbyshire.
    Best Wishes from a cold, but not too snowy Cornwall!
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon,
    thankd you
    have a lovley Christmas,
    hope Paddy is liking the snow
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane,
    Haven't looked at your blog for ages as I've been busy with a trip to Australia and up in Manchester visiting Frankie recently.
    Luckily we got Stu back in time from Australia, to celebrate Christmas all together at home. The flights had been horrendously disrupted at Heathrow however the Angels must have been looking after him as he only had half hour delay landing back in UK.
    How lovely that you celebrated your 25th anniversary in Whitby. That is one of our favourite UK destinations and Frankie's all time favourite holiday spot. Belated congratulations btw!
    Frankie put on her FB that she is expecting a puppy for Christmas and if she doesn't get one she will punch me in the head! I am still awaiting the punch because no, she did not get a puppy!
    Hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas day and I know it can't be easy with it being the first without your poor Dad. Our thoughts are with you all.
    Love and Best wishes for a Happy 2011.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo
    so glad you were all together for Christmas and thank you for your kind words,
    got a puppy here you can have, lol
    will catch up with you on FB

    happy new year

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete