
Well what with this glorious weather - even Sacha is starting to look glum! and Daisy (my Marsh Daisy hen) is looking for an escape route! - there is not a lot that can be done outside so my reading list is being attacked. I read a wide range of topics and on my current 'must reads' are the folowing;
Cormac McCarthy - The Road
J A Kerley - Little Girls Lost - crime thriller
Tess Gerritsen - The Sinner & Presumed Guilty - excellent author
Val McDermid - A Darker Domain, Fever of the Bone - and again..............
Jed Rubenfeld - The Interpretation of Murder (bought this from Amazon after seeing it on Cottage small holder blog reading list and then found it at a animal charity sale for £1! typical)
Rose Tremain - Restoration, historical romance - I think!
Brian Thacker - Planes, Trains & Elephants, traveller's tales round the world.
Charles Jennings - Faintheart, an Englishman ventures North of the Border, traveller's tales round Scotland
and finally...........
Jennifer Worth - Farewell to the East End (written by a Midwife who worked in the East End in the good old days)
I am currently reading Allotted time, a tongue in cheek tale of 2 men and their year of taking on an allottment. Hopefully I will finish it today and then start on The Road as I would like to go and see the film which is currently being shown at the cinemas.
I will be up at Rannoch Moor in Scotland in a couple of weeks with my sister and eldest daughter - weather permitting - so will make a hole in the list then whilst revising for my RHS exam in Feb, crikey that's come round fast!

I'm worn out reading your reading list!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt look very picturesque in Belper - poor old chooks must be frozen - Lesley x
Just finished The Road - very moving book but very dark at the same time x
ReplyDelete