
Pesky mole hills round the edge of the pond, here's hoping that Mr Mole has given the pond liner a miss!
Its nice to see the garden covered in snow but it's far nicer to see it thaw as the chickens have hated it.
I've managed to check the spring cabbage plants and the cloches have protected them from the bad weather, the garlic is pushing it's shoots up through the big raised bed and the spare cabbage plants and primulas are sitting happy in the mini greenhouse. In the greenhouse I have garlic and shallots from last year in store and a tub of daffodils that are just showing their tips.
Last week I ordered seeds for the veggie garden which will include various salad crops, some oriental types that I will experiment with. Also ordered tomato seeds, sweet/chilli peppers, kale, spinach & swiss chard, think I might have to move house at this rate and find a bigger garden. What I will probably do is 'adopt' part of my Dad's garden as since his health deteriorated this year he will not be able to undertake the degree of gardening that he has been used to previously.
I have just had news that my RHS exam planned for February has been deferred to June, what a relief as things are pretty hectic at the moment and this will give me more revising time.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's been cold - I think your forte lies with gardening and small animal husbandry - I dont; think I've ever had swiss chard but will look our for it at farm shops!! best wishes Lesley x
ReplyDelete