I've been meaning to get round to sorting out the tomato plants in the greenhouse for the past couple of weeks but things have always got in the way as I know it would take a while. I have some lovely red tomatoes in the window bottoms that are so sweet and don't want to waste any potential late ripeners so having spent one and a half hours snipping, lifting, sorting I now have several punnets of tomatoes in varying shades of nearly red, a slight glow of red and definately green!I have been scouring the internet and my books for imaginative but quick and easy ways of using the greener end of the tomato colour spectrum and did find a green tomato hash that sounded ok. If I had more time on my hands I would give the good old chutneys a try but will try this first, will let you know how it goes.
Yesterday when a had a spare half an hour I did a bit of bulb planting, another gardening event that often passes me by! when I did my internet shop order I spotted that there were Welsh Daffodil bulbs in a tube with a portion of the cost donated to charity - don't think I would have bothered otherwise as they are a bit more pricey than from local sources. Anyway they are now in a pot ready to grow over the Winter and cheer me up in the Spring.
The second cropping potatoes are coming on well although a bit stragglier than I would have liked as they have been under the greenhouse staging. Now that I have moved them over to where the tomatoes were they should get more light. I do find that no matter how big a greenhouse you have it still is not big enough! or is that just me and all my clutter. I have managed to evict some of Paul's bits that had crept in e.g. a bag of plaster mix (to keep it dry!) and relocated them in to the garage store that he rebuilt specifically for his building materials. 
One other thing I must do is get the greenhouse insulated as I have a few plants in there e.g passion flowers that I really do not want to lose to frosts. I am also on the look out for a greenhouse heater (non electric), no joy on freecycle yet, been offered any electric one but sadly no electricity to the greenhouse. Paul has been busy finishing off the hedging which looks lots better now the laurels are thinned out.

great read - wasn't able to display your links but hope the green tomatoe hash is good. A spare 1/2 hour eh - how did you manage that!! have a great weekend as I think by the sound of it you deserve it - love Lesley x
ReplyDeleteHi Lesley
ReplyDeletestill can't get the hyperlinks to function, can Joe tell me where I am going wrong??
cheers
Jane