
I apologise for the gap in my blog just lately but I have been preoccupied with family funerals - cousin and Dad (RIP) so now need to start focussing on moving on to more positive emotions as it has been a difficult time..........
Gardening wise I have got my main crop potatoes, Cara variety, chitting in the front porch. The garlic in the raised bed is shooting away and the spring cabbage has survived the snow and hard frosts tucked away under the cloches. I did a quick browse in Wilkos the other day as they were restocking with gardening goods so purchased some seed trays and covers. I also need to retrieve my gardening spade as it was 'borrowed' by someone and belonged to my grandad a very keen gardener so it has sentimental value as well as being a good gardening spade.
I am also ploughing my way through module 9 on my RHS certificate course which includes pruning, care of shrubs/trees, pests and diseases etc so lots to learn.
The photo sums me up at the moment (bought for me by my sister at Tatton Park show last summer!)

Nicola has a sing like yours that says @I blame the parents' lol - what is 'chitting' you can tell I'm not a gardener :) can't wait for me cabbages to be ready - get your spade back quick otherwise people forget that they've borrowed it. Let's look to a brighter future best wishes Lesley x
ReplyDeleteHi Jane,
ReplyDeleteKeep your spirits up and just hope that everything went as well as can be expected for you all.
I am sure you will be fine for your RHS cert. Dedicated folk always breeze it!!
Love to everybody,
Jo x
Hi Jane
ReplyDeleteJust been onto your blog for an update and was sorry to read your very sad news.
Let's hope now that Spring is finally here for a more positive and sunny outlook for us all.
Keep the updates coming - I love reading them.
Sharon x