
French Marigolds always look so good!

My lovely spinach which tasted delicious!

Cara new potatoes
Well it is that time of the year, lovely new potatoes, these are Cara and are really tasty especially with a nice salad. i have sent off for some 2nd cropping potatoes to grow in tubs so we have some ready for our Christmas dinner!
Along with the potatoes I have also harvested spinach, rocket, lettuce, peas, broad beans, garlic and shallots. this now leaves me room for my brassicas and leeks in my raised beds. I have 3 raised beds - 1 large and 2 smaller ones and have just replaced the garlic and shallots with broccoli, purple graffiti cauliflower and brussel sprouts.Other veggies growing happily away include;
courgettes,
beetroot,
globe artichokes
basil,
borlotti and runner beans.
I love growing vegetables as it is so rewarding setting the seed and patiently waiting for those first baby leaves to appear then growing into strong seedlings and finally healthy plants ready to pot on or plant out. I have also got a good, healthy so far (touch wood!) greenhouse full of tomato plants which I am nuturing as last year was a disaster as I was far too late starting them off and had a frustrating crop of small green fruits only fit for chutney!

Well I didn't know you were such a keen gardener. We ought to call you 'farmer Jane' :) being serious fresh veg etc from the garden is lovely - takes me back to when I used to do it. When I had bags of energy
ReplyDeletekeep blogging I will pop by regularly to read it
Lesley x
thanks lesley x
ReplyDeletehopefully it will grow like my veggies!
Hi Jane,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, especially for all the folk who haven't seen your home in Derbyshire.
Takes me back to when my parents used to grow veg on their allotment when I was about 8 years old and when my Grandad Jones had a very fertile garden and grew his own veg, flowers and fruit. I remember especially the sweet peas! I am so glad I mowed the lawns last night when Stu warned me it would be chucking it down today.(That has been my little job for about 18months now, as the 2 girls complain they couldn't do it as their hayfever is far too bad) Never mind about me being a sufferer also!! Stu's back is too bad to do it because it cripples him when he attempts it.
Decorator has just turned up to finish the ceilings he didn't have time to do when he was here two weeks ago. I am so glad the furniture doesn't have to go on the patio whilst he paints in view of the foul weather!
It's lovely to see your hens, veg etc puts my colourful containers, baskets and pots to shame. I am not a keen gardener, and so everything is low maintenance!!
Will keep checking up to see what's happening in Derbyshire.
Love Jo xx